La Vita e la Morte
de Cavallo Bianco
clip-clopping from shadows to sunlight
Friday, November 12, 2004

a novel for a thesis

As I have written in a previous entry, I was contemplating the NaNoWriMo race, weighing it out with my requirements for the semester: an 8-page minimum grafiction story with panelling, a one-act play to produce, plays to analyze and costume-design and measure to take and cloth to memorize and a full-blown costume to submit, and a thesis to research and write and prepare for a colloqium by the near end of the semester.

You see, the naNoWriMo event is really at best, one grand tempation for me at the momment. Put up a blog, muster the discipline to write chapter-entries of a wordcount of about 50,000 words or more, keep going until the end of the month, and have yourself a full-blown (hopefully print-worthy) novel, earn fame (or notoriety) in the online community, reap your commets (suggestions, violent reactions, and death threats by the bushelful, and gain the semblance of a stronger foothold on the cyber-social ladder. Sounds easy, yes?

Think again.

Refer to gross bulk of my aforementioned requirements. I trust I need no further explanation.

In its stead, ladies and gentlemen, I offer you this online journal to chronicle my experiences as I undergo my thesis. Here, I shall document the painstakingly slow-but-sure progress of my research, from unearthed articles (such as microformed newsprints that have not seen the light of day for a decade or two) and book entries, interviews, relevantly random coincidences and situations, and all the other niceties to go wit it.

I pray I do the likes of Michael Moore and Morgan Spurlock justice with this undertaking of mine. The word pray (which you may read "hope" all the same) shall serve as my disclaimer.

alright, enough with the thesis language.

On we go, then....