La Vita e la Morte
de Cavallo Bianco
clip-clopping from shadows to sunlight
Sunday, January 23, 2005

hi honey. ^_~*

Hi Honey. How's everything going? I'm sorry I haven't
been calling lately. It's all work, work, work,
review-hunting, reports, play drafts, and even more
work. And wouldn't you know, I'm actually right in the
middle of preparing my handouts for my Oscar Wilde
report come tomorrow. as ususal, if it's not too
flimsy(heavens forbid!), it's too heavy-duty. Baby, in
this case, it's the latter. May the report be quick
and painless (pain being being denounced to high
heaven for the cerebral overdose), and may I not end
up sending Sir Ogie to slumberland. (on the other
hand, slumberland may be a good idea. We can all just
quietly tip-toe outta class.... ;p)

I'm just thankful some little comforts and
consolation pass my way every now and then to keep the
uphill trek happy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that
all this insomnia-inducing college labor will pay off
in the near future, hopefully in the form of a real,
honest-to-goodness, legal (read: no class-cutting) day
free of school work and enough savings to go shop for
comics or cards or go catch a good movie. Wishfully
thinking, with you. ^_^

Lessee... this Sunday, Mama S couldn't spend the day
with me as she had to attend some priviate family
reunion, so Mama and I took advantage of the day.
Brunch was at WHAM! Burgers (Yes, the names' spelt
that way); I reckon it's locally conceptualized (what
with the owner dropping by every now and then, so says
the clerk girl). The fun thing about it is it's
comic-book themed, hence the word-balloon logo and
menu, the enlarged dot-matrix design of the place, and
the glass framed Dark horse and Image Comics and the
Astonish X-Men poster. The cheapest burger on the menu
is 58 bucks a pop, but it's worth every peso, at least
to me. The beef patties are mouth-wateringly hefty and
grilled, not fried or nastily reheated, the veggies
fresh, and the kaiser bun crowded with sesame seeds.
(I enjoyed dusting the loose ones off and picking them
up one by one.) The coutry-style fries' price is a
wince-inducing P40 for a teensy-looking package, but
don't let the size of it fool you. The fries are not
your conventional shoelace types but rather, prism
types. and yes, they're all-potato, no puffed-up
guise. Provided you brought your own water, it's a
very filling brunch at roughly a hundred bucks. Yeah,
still wince-worthy, I know, but it's still a good
experience.

Next on the list was Nick Cage's National Treasure. (I
took the opportunity because there is no way I am ever
convincing my Grandmother to watch this with me. well,
there was Pirates of the Carribean, which she
surprisingly loved, but then again...) I must say,
it's pretty good. Much like what the trailer sells,
it's a race against bad guys to find the treasure
horde of a lifetime, collected and protected over the
years by the Knights Templar and Masons. (Yep, that
got your attention. ;) ) I wouldn't be surprised if
Dan Brown happened to be on the credits list as script
or concept advisor. (Unfortunately, his name didn't
pop outta the credits. at least, we didn;t stay long
enough to see. ) Well, it's a Jerry Bruckheimer, what
do you expect? Now, if they are indeed planning on
releasing the movie The Da Vinci Code within this
year, it's gonna have to live up to a lot of
expectations. If indeed Bruckheimer's going to take
the book-movie under his wing, he'd better come out
with something as explosive as the book, else,
there'll be Dan Brown's hordes of fandom to answer to.


Weh, I just hope it's really, really, really good.

(This part of the letter has been edited for privacy purposes. ^_^" Now behave.)

Well, that's basically how my day went. I hope things
turn out better for you and your cellphone. Ill be
here wishing maybe we may spend legally unhurried time
together, catching up, playing Magic, sharing silly
sweet nothings (and other scrumptious thoughts. ^_~*)
Take care, honey. I miss you terribly.

I love you.

Kitty ^_^

P.S. Char takes very good care of me, ever since you
gave me to him. He guards the bed day and night, and
he doesn't mind when I squoosh him to my chest at
night and whisper silly thoughts to him to send to
you. Weh, you got me. I'm your nice-naughty little
girl. ;)