La Vita e la Morte
de Cavallo Bianco
clip-clopping from shadows to sunlight
Saturday, October 09, 2004

Done, done, and done.

hello every one. I know this is going to be a bit shallow of me today, but please indulge me. I've just learned how to marquee.

so... finally, my requirements have finally begun to trickle away and everything has finally slowed to a slooooow comfortable couch potato pace. Life is good.

It's strange really, how a couple of weeks of close-shaven deadlines can make you do miracles. Like pull off a 40-plus slide PowerPoint proposal presentation and pulll out your last reserves of performance level alertness and professionalism out of your sleeves for the defense proper. Going from 6pm Tuesday to 4pm Wednesday sleepless, at that.

There's also the model set for A Dream Play my mother helped me with, as I unfortunately was not able to inherit her dexterous fingers and her keen sense of order.

And a ten-pager term paper on Stephen Sondheim and Sweeny Todd on a ten-page minimum,
and a seven-page analysis of The Woman Who Had Two Navels when Sir QueaƱo asked for five.

Then, there's my Thesis Proposal proper, and my neat, encoded abstracts and research material, all 80-plus pages of them (as James will attest). It's just kinda dissappointing how I couldn't have everything printed and ring-bound and submitted in one go due to lack of funds. Welcome to the real word, kiddo.

Of course I still have my poetry revisions to think about. I've never tried revising what I wrote before, which is probably an even better reason and motivation for me to start doing so. Totally debunks the notion of good, "perfect" poetry coming from one earth-shattering momment of inspiration, eh? But then, poems should always have room for improvement and learning. If it didn't, there'd be no way for a poet to grow.

ah, well...