Wednesday, February 02, 2005
Class? What class?
Hello everyone.Right now, I should be sitting at a wooden student's desk, liustening to two of my classmates' thesis powerpoint presentations, and more importantly trying to discuss the details of our collloqium, to be held next Wednesday.
But nooooo.... I'm here ain the CSSP computer room, clickety-clacketing away on a black keyboard, encoding this entry.
Since I'm not in class, I should have caught up with James, him enjoying an anime marathon. Rosa has nicely sent me an invite to hang out with Jo and her at the UP Film Center, to which I must cordially decline. I am missing Ghost in the Shell: Innocence and Girlfriend-time for this entry.
Or rather, my play.
Silly little predicament, isn't it? The choices: spend more time with significant other, spenbd time with girlfriends, work on school requirement. A few more hours of romance, quality time ith my girls, and school work. And in someone else's ewords, "You just had to take the lousy Jackson!"
Why?
Basically because majority of my mother's brood are coming over. Yep, that reads most of my mom's 12 brothers and sisters, with their tykes, toddlers, heir budding and mid-blossomed teenagers, and a couple of boys from my age group. That basically spells out a ton of responsibilites for me. In a couple more days, you will be have been readding the drained ramblings of a dazed coot, taking on roles such as eternally-patient (and rubber-shoed) nanny, dutiful, "nod-and-smile" niece, super secondary sponsor, dakilang alalay ng lahat ng ka-angkan, personal shrink to my mom, and Straight-A student.
I still have my play to finish, a bucketload of makeup to shop for Costumes Class, a colloqium to set up, a comic book script and panellinsample to write, a term paper I haven't begun research for, and of course, there's Sir Tony's Thesis.
And people expect I be able to pull these all off, easy as pie. *groan*
This is nuts. I can't work right in the hotel, considering there's so much of my bride-aunt thinking in the air, or is it just because the hotel airconditioning is too damn cold, or is it just because I can't write in an alien place like this?
I don't know what's wrong with me.
I remember something I told James this morning. "Why is it that whenever my folks come home for something, I get this mounting urgency to get away and do something, or just take some form of release, any release?" It's probably the feeling of another pair of eyes to watch your every blessed move with the arrival of each new relative. Almost like being dealt a creature wih an ability that reads: "target player loses one life with every (insert name of creature type) in play".
Plus, of course, I absolutely have no idea where my eldest aunt pulls of the most ridiculous conclusions, such as something my mother has asked me: "Anak, your ninang says you're hiding secrets from me; she says you want to spend time with your Pa, but nahihiya ka to tell me because I might not like the idea. Is tht true? It's okay, just tell me".
Oh please. I told my mother in a nice way that it wasn't the case. I absolutely had no problems with voicing my father-needs to Mama, less telling her I would be spending time with him. Mama and I have a wonderful, sincere relationship, and I the only time I keep secrets from her is when I think it's necessary. It's just if he had time for me. Gah! I mean, where'd my aunt get that?!?
I just had to let off bottled steam.
I really wish I ould write something a lot more significant today.
I'm thankful, though, for two things today:
One, there's James, for which I survive my cosmopolitical humdrum hotel existence by simply havinglunch with him,
and Two, my friends, specially my girlfriends, who never forget to spread the lurve and joy. Rosa, Jo, I promise to make it up to you the soonest I wrench my neck back from the jaws of fate. Does a DVD marathon with popcorn sound good? ;)
I will remind myself that Life is good for me, because Love is even better.
















