La Vita e la Morte
de Cavallo Bianco
clip-clopping from shadows to sunlight
Thursday, August 12, 2004

DVD Library Me

For the past few days, I've noticed whenever I bring my DVD binder to school to collect DVDs some friends and classmates borrowed over the week/weekend, I end up lending even more movies than actually getting them back. *sigh*

You see, I've never been the type to buy my pirate booty by the box. (I've learned that buying 'em without the box and going by a binder gets you the DVD five pesos cheaper.^_^*) Thus, since I pride myself with my *ehem ehem* impeccable organizational librarian skills, I tote me binder whenever I must go collecting my dues. Unfortuanetely, this doesn't often turn out as I hoped.

Let's see... today, I was supposed to collect my Amelie, Y Tu Mama Tambien, and Hero within the day...and I ended up lending Malena, The Piano/The Pianist, Chicago/Cabaret, Shakespeare In Love, Big Fish, Shrek, Shrek 2, My Neighbor Totoro/The Cat Returns, and Spirited Away. *groan*

Fortunately, I've had enough sense and presence of mind to keep tabs and names of all the people who's browsed through my collection, who's bringing home what DVD.

Now, this litlte situation's given me the oportunity to observe the reaction between my binder nd my classmates' selections.

I've noticed, what with the movies they've chosen from my binder and the movies they've left behind. They've never asked about my Alfred Hitchcocks(Psycho, Rear Window, The Birds, and Vertigo), nor my Akira Kurosawas(Rashomon, The Hidden Fortress, and Seven Samurai), nor my Star Wars: Special Edition Trilogy, not even my Monty Python greats! (The Holy Grail, Life of Brian, and The Meaning of Life. I've added in my much-rejoiced find The Adventures of Baron Munchausen with the lot of 'em, because Terry Gilliam's directed it and Eric Idle's too good to leave out.) They've also skipped over my Hayao Miyazakis (Kiki's Delivery Service, Castle In the Sky, Nausicaa and the Valley of the Winds, and Princess Mononoke) now... if they hadshown even a glimmer of interest with my Gundam: Endless Waltz, Final Fantasy X Animation Compi, Ghost in the Shel, or even Wicked City, then I'd have probably found another co-specie. *grin*

Well, I hope Ma'am Jose Estrela's enjoying Monty Python's Meaning of Life right now. :)