Wednesday, October 13, 2004
Big Blue
Superman has passed away.Christopher Reeve, at the age of 52, suffered from a complication of an infection, and breathed his last in the past sad hours.
I will admit I was never a big fan of his. The best connection I ever had with Mr. Reeve would be what the old ladies used to say about my Dad before he married Mama: "Kaguwapo naman, kamukha ni Christopher Reeve". ("what a handsome fellow, he looks like Christopher Reeve.")
But I'm deeply touched with all the heartfelt grief and mourning over the loss. It's somehing like being at someone else's funeral, someone who wasn't even a part of your family: the feeling gets carried over to you, and you find it's all of a sudden easier for you to empathize and sympathize.
It's truly amazing, how someone once helped a lot of people believe that Man could fly, and how later on in his life, how Man could walk again. It takes a lot of faith and courage to believe it, and I think Mr. Reeve did a million times over.
(With your permission, Cliff.)
With honors, Superman. You will surely be missed.
















