Thursday, December 02, 2004
Here Come the Rains
First it's Winnie, then here's Yoyong.Something to remember when disaster strikes: We've been through three-hundred and thirty-three years of Spanish rule, we've been bombed by the Japanese, rescued then bombed again by the Americans. If there's something we Filipinos ever done as our best defense, we couldn't have done it any better: we laugh.
And now's no better a time than any.
<><><><><><><>
And yes, disaster has struck in the kitchen.
And no, it's not my fault.
I have until only recently found out our big beautiful oven is out cold. Something's just wrong with it, and we don't know why. We'd want to have it looked at and fixed by the same people my aunt bought it from(as it was a christmas gift), but knowing it may cost us a pretty penny and what with Mama having the roof redone and all, the oven will have to wait.
And so, that means, regretably, no baked goodies for the holiday season.
I'm just sorry to announce this. This really puts a damper on the holiday baking spirit.
But we can hope the oven'll be up and running by early next year, when we've saved up enough for a fix-up. I'll be keeeping my fingers crossed.
<><><><><><>
I have just received word from my LiveJournal Community that Central Comic Head Quarters will be having its Closing Sale on December 1-18, 2004. Oh no. Say it isn't so.
Curse our slipshod economy and the senate crocodiles for this.
<><><><><><>
In dark times such as this, heroes will every now and then slip in and out of the shadows.
<><><><><><><>
It's final, folks.
For my Playwriting finals, I will submit, direct, and stage a play about Geeks.
I've more or less put down the plot I want to work on and develop for my play, and I more or less have an idea who my main character is. (let's call him Jim. For now. I think.)
Something's stopping me.
You know why I'm having trouble moving forward? I'm scared. I'm scared about how this play of mine will be recieved by my teachers and my classmates.
Yes, noe one's ever done a play about geeks before. But, will they like the idea? I can't help but keep playing this scene in my head.
It was middle of last semester. A Theater batchmate of mine (known for putting his nose in other peopple's business and showing off how much better he does a job than some other poor bloke) asks me what story do I plan on writing for my play.
I say, "I want to write a play about Geeks."
"What?"
"Geeks."
"You know, if you really want to write about that, try sucking on one first."
"What?!?!?"
I was clearly misunderstood. On purpose. When I bothered correcting him, he merely shrugged his shoulders and walked off, nose in air.
I don't know. Something tells me I should just put my tail between my legs and run, but I don't want to. Not at a time like this, and not when this topic strikes very close to home.
I'm thankful Rosa's comment gave me the thumbs-up to push through with my idea; I just need some clear guidance, perhaps.
I just need to know what I really have to do.
Once I do, by God, I'm going to stick by this play, even if it kills me.
















