La Vita e la Morte
de Cavallo Bianco
clip-clopping from shadows to sunlight
Saturday, February 05, 2005

The kvetch recants.

Hello everyone.

Right now, I encode this entry in Netopia, located in the nether regions of Robinson's Galleria. I have just been roused from a mid-day nap I had sorely needed, considering I retired at 3am ths morning finishing the first two scenes of Last Letter for the Morning, waking a couple of hours later to welcome the rest of the returning brood, baby-sitting the tykes, and basically trying to keep sane all the while.

Hoo-ray.

For one, the play's coming 'round rather nicely. Two major scenes down, three more to go; from four-and-a-half to an eight-and-a-half pager. Not bad. At the rate I'm going, hopefully I'll be able to finish up the play by Tuesday or so. Coolness. ;)
(But of course, we must remember to not fall in love. )

<><><><><><><>

Friday was great. We had three Balagtasan showdowns,(with such topics as "Ang Madibdibang Usapan", and "Single or Taken") complete with evaluations for the two groups. After class, James whisked me away to Henyo, his Kuya's computer shop, helped me set up an account with Tantra and taught me all the basic skills I needed to know with one of his characters. We activated my acount, logged in, and now, I have a character from the Kimnara Tribe, a statuesque Amazona-archetype in dreadlocks under the name Mumtaz. With good luck, and the miraculous concept of free time, I may nurture her to the peak of high-level health.

K was there, too, and she later hied us of to Haru Urara, a nondescript Japanese restaurant a block away from UST that served authentic dishes at engaging prices. Lem came soon enough; he had just won in the Ilumina web design contest, and with good luck, will find his spot in the finals. We keep our fingers crossed for him.

After James and I enjoyed steamming bowl of Ramen Tei with a quaint serving of rice and ice tea, K and Lem gave us a quick review of how to get to the MRT Station along EDSA from there. We said our thanks, hailed a jeep bound for the highway, and speed past the flashy nightclub lights that decked the Pantranco route. It was good to see friends again, and I guess, this was my first double date. ^_^

<><><><><><>

My cousins are probably either fast asleep from the Greenhills shopping trip, or turning the hotel room topsy-turvy with candy sugar rush. Oh no.

I think I'll introduce them to you, my dear readers, the next time when I do have more time on my hands. With pictures and all. But for now, it's off to my folks I go again.

The kvetch recants. Family may be crazy, but they love you all the same.