La Vita e la Morte
de Cavallo Bianco
clip-clopping from shadows to sunlight
Thursday, April 21, 2005

Little Happy Things.

Hello everyone.

Summer classes have indeed started, and here I tromp off every mid-morning for a 1-3pm class in STS. (for those UP-Diliman-bred folks who know the course... yep. It is time I take to the spot.) Two full hours in the chilly CS Auditorium listening to reports, chomping down mile-high readings, taking exams our own prof can't pass... yep, that's the life. But things won't be so bad, I reckon. The profs' a certain Carlo Arcilla, and form the looks of things, he knows how to keep 200 or more students awake, attentive, and happy throughout the course. He likes his humor, he likes his stories, he likes topics that actually matter in the here and now, and he's got game.


As Paris Hilton says, Tha's hot.

<><><><><><><><><>

Here, we shall attempt at therapy.

You see, this little student here has herself a classic case of Incompletes. Yes, I'd best confess: I still have dues to pay to four subjects, two of which I am truly at fault, one because it is still a work in progress (as my professor says so; the rest of the class still has no idea if she's really read our plays or not), and the last because it is my BA Thesis. On Sir Tony Mabesa. Yep.

Now, with that out of the way...

The lesson here, really, is to realize a few things: One, Incompletes and other temporary college foibles are nothing to be ashamed of (much unlike recent royally vexed relatives think), as long as you learn from them, and do something about them quick. And Two, sometimes it best to digest a topic slowly and watch it unfurl itself before you bit by bit istead of plunging in and rending it open limb from poor limb by force.

I'm glad that two requirements of one subject in question is already on the way to completion and closure. I'm glad my MA actors, Ate RH and Kuya Anril, have decided to stick with me through thick and with Playwriting class and add some flair of their own along the way. (Kuya Anril with Platinum Blonde hair?! WOW!!! This I gotta see. ^_^) The best I remember of my thesis adviser's last comments on my errant thesis proposal was a little more content with the fourth "Findings" chapter, which means more info gleaned from the stock of Sir Tony Mabesa reviews and articles I exhausted from the UP Main Library. Now if I could only budget my time enough to actually get something done... Oh and let's not forget a colloqium before a public audience on next Wednesday... (yipe!)

Ehem. we'll get to that soon enough.

so, I still have lots and lots to do, but I think I'm going along pretty well with these. In due time, and with enough time, I'll be able to get all of them done. I'm glad.


Happy Things:

James and I went out for early lunch just this week. Out of the usual, he bought a large-sized C2 peach-flavored ice-tea bottle. I opted for Casaa's fountain-water-in-a-glass, and we ate our lunch in peace. Soon as I emptied my glass of coolish water, I rose to fill it up again, but James stopped me, opened his bottle, and poured half its contents into my cup. "That's what I bought a large-sized one for," he grinned.

And there I was, swooning over the handsomest over-bitten boy in the world. ^_^*