Thursday, April 07, 2005
Presenting The New Radioactive Sago Glasses.

My first independent choice. My first plastic frames. My first kooky, quirky decision without parental advice of consent. I know it mightn't be much of a big deal with most folks, but for a girl who's had to ask approval from her mom or grandma all her life before purchasing permanent facial fixtures, c'mon, gimme some credit here.
My mother is still getting used to the idea of seeing her daughter live gleefully behind a pair of dark-rimmed glasses day in day out. (we've had short-lived debates whether the frames were really blue or purple.) Personally, I think it's got something to do with living ten years with my father's black-rimmed glasses. She tells me I end up looking older, but like to think I just look smarter.
Unpopular choice perhaps. I don't know. I feel more in touch with my inner geek now. All I know is, I'm happy with my frames, and I am going to stay happy.
In a way, it's a little step toward the unreachable star called "adult independence", but nonetheless here I mark the beginning of mine. We wait and see.
I'm glad to say James has told me that the briuses and the swelling have subsided. I'm glad he's recuperating. hopefully in a few more day's time, his face will be in tiptop shape again. Here's to his quick recovery.
















