Sunday, April 23, 2006
Night; Graduation Day.
After slipping off and boxing the brass slippers, stepping out of a cream blouse and white skirt and silk white girdle-shorts, letting my hair loose, and wiping off my make-up, I plop on the bed staring into empty space all tired, and try to think about life.My mind's a blank, a contrast fathoms apart from how profound and romantic I was this morning, ruminating and philosophizing how things might have been different if I'd have sown more good karma along the way, or if I had eventually planted enough smiles or help ir encouragement to soothe a stranger's pain or even change a life, and ultimately how this day could be the fulcrum of the most (if not the rest) of my adult life here on.
Last night's reheated pizza dinner coupled with hot cranberry tea and ice tea can work strange miracles.
There are so many things still left unsaid that need saying. There are fading ties to be strengthened, wisdom unremembered to pull out from the thin air it was lost in, experiences to be honored, wounds to heal, gratutude to be rendered rightly, and above all, love and light to be multiplied and shared.
For this momment, specific joys of the day are elusive to an overwhelmed mind. Pardon this old sod, the day was just too much of a good thing tight now.
None the less, allow me to share the joys of universal lights as men who joined their brightness with mine today. Kindness begets kindness and love begets love, as the saying goes.
To the man I love, words fail me. The love, perhaps, will best say it all.
For tonight, Francis Quina, I salute you. Alea jacta est. This is your life. God does not play dice with the universe, though it may seem so, but I salute you for the semblance of double sixes to fall on your path. I wish you the Nine of Cups, the nine of Pentacles, and the Ten of Pentacles to come.
To everyone who comes across this humble post, I send you my warmest wishes and thoughts, and send you off with a portion of love to keep you happy, keep you going. We so often too easily forget how incredible and irrepresible the light in each person is. You too are that one incredible, irrepresible light, bright enough to light up the universe forever.
Good night, and good luck.
God bless you, whoever you are.
















