La Vita e la Morte
de Cavallo Bianco
clip-clopping from shadows to sunlight
Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Salamanca: The Book Launch

I decided to attend the Book Launching of Dean Alfar's Salamanca last April 1. it was good to get together with old blogger friends in support of Dean's first novel. (If you're looking for a good read, I fully recommend this book! It's rounghly below P200; kayang-kaya ng bulsa mo, mapa-studyante man o nagtatrabaho! Mas lalo sa studyante, once some schools decide to make this required reading... ^_^") I also met new honored friends, most in Dean's writing circle.

I received pearls of wisdom that day over fingerfood and water, and well... the wisdom's made me think a lot about about certain plans I have in the works, but I'll eventually figure it all out for myself one way or another.

I took a lot of pictures that day as well. I would have uploaded them, if only the camera's USB cable din't pick this week to go on extended hide-and-seek. No matter. I'll get 'em up the soonest I can, and that's a promise.

Here's the author's take on the day itself, with some pictures taken by their photographer. (and er, yes, that's me in red, reloading my mom's cam with fresh batteries. ^_^") Eek.

Here's Tobie's take on the event. Tobie's a friend of mine, and here he is with the writer-gang and his lovely lady Isha.

Again, if you're looking for something filling and magical to read, I highly suggest you pick up a copy of Salamanca; it was Dean's brainchild for the NaNoWriMo for last year (if I'm not mistaken), won the prize of Best Novel in the recent Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards, and is now available in all branches of Fully Booked in the NCR area.

Pics to come.

Go get your copy now! ^_^