La Vita e la Morte
de Cavallo Bianco
clip-clopping from shadows to sunlight
Thursday, July 13, 2006

God is good.

My life, so far, in a nutshell:

I fell sick with Amoebiasis, had to get complete bedrest for three to five days, and thus, was terminated as a Trainee for the position of Customer Care Representative in Convergys.

And yes. I have to pay a bond. a whooping amount of roughly Php 14,500, the price of corporate employment freedom.

The termination letter came with a letter of recommendation for re-hire. this slated me to report back for duty on September 11. The earliest possible date I could do that as well would've been August 21.

I have dependents to support and a home to run, alll by myself. I am the head of the family.

We could seel the large 17 cubic feet two-door, no-frost fridge parked in my uncle's garage. for a fair price, we would have thrown in the digital sewing machine we had tucked away beneath the stairs. Unfortunately, we know that the amount of electricity a huge refridgerator like that consumes every month is no joke. Other people, other reluctant buyers know that, too.

I'm concerned. My mother's concerned. My grandmother's distressed, frantic, and concerned.



God is good. God is good.



My man has so generously offered to help out pay the bond, in any amount he can. The way how the largeness and richness of his spirit grows and grows overwhelms me.

Our relatives may not have much to offer, but they have unearthed and exhausted all imaginable alternatives to help me: DOLE, legal advise, prayers.

Yes. yes, the prayers.

Friends and strangers have been kind to me. Amazing how a kind word, a gentle reassurance, a little faith can move mountains.

and finally, unbeleivable as it is, $400 are now tucked into my organizer, money enough to pay my Training Bond and even more left over, through the generosity of my mother's boyfriend.

Prayers work. How they work.

It's still a long way off before these events find their rest, but I cannot help but be grateful. for everything, to everyone.


There is still so much to do, still so much to be thankful for.