La Vita e la Morte
de Cavallo Bianco
clip-clopping from shadows to sunlight
Sunday, September 05, 2004

Blog-nonsense, really... Silly little Doll thing...

Lately, it seems I haven't been doing much writing, and instead have been blog-hopping with all you lovely people and searching for linky-buttons and nice little toys to put on me blog here. In a word, accesorizing.

yay.

Really, hunger can do that to you. My tummy's whining for a midnight snack after a very light 5pm dinner. My head's begging me to think of my figure, but my horrid little belly's throwing a tantrum in my body's living room right now. Oh dear. "Now, now, don't break the pretty china cat, dearie.... " *ker-rash!!!*

Oh dear, how embarrassing... Just a minute, if you please...


<><><><><><><>

There.

A week ago, I've been sniffing around, about, and through the internet for pretty little... sites for my mother.

Sites? what sites?

Oh! ah... er, really I'd rather not say... *beads of sweat begin to collect on forehead*

No, you will.

Really, it's rather embarrassing... *sweating profusely*

Now, now! Out with it!

Er.... I've been... collecting... *fraidy mumbling*

What???

*blubbers* p-p-Paper Doll Sites!

Oh.

It's true, Ladies and Gents. I have succumbed to the juvenile wiles of paper doll sites, or Doll Makers, as they're more popularly called. (I gratuitously point the accusing finger at my dear friend Rosa, wonderful woman, actress, and all-time bear. So she likes to think. ) You see, she's so delightfuly infected me with her love for Dollmakers. (I now name this piece of incriminating evidence as "Exhibit A".) After a few tries at some of them (albeit the exasperating pages where the clothes items go kaput when you click-and-drag them for the second time), I was hooked. (Oh no, is my girliness showing? Horrors!)

So, wanting to have a deskop toy of my one, I Save As the page, downloading about six plain-knickered models, two variation-undie girls (one was in a flowered pink and blue tube-bikini set, the other wore a camo-bikini-boy short combo), and a walk-in closetful of shoes, shorts, skirts, shirts, blouses, hairstyles, and background accessories. Fwee!

And so, play I did. I was a content little big girl, mixing and matching looks, deciphering what hidden codes there were in coifs and footgloves and all. (Hmm... a girl in blond pigtails, eh? I wonder what she'd most likely wear... Nah, Little Miss Brown Ponytail would certainly not be wearing that... )

I know, stereotypes are cruel.

Then my mother looked over my shoulder, and said in her cutesy kiddy voice, "ano yan?"

"Um, Ma, paper doll po."

"gusto ko yan."

So hand over the laptop I did. (did I have a choice?) but hey, that's okay. At least my mom's getting back to her childhood, enjoying what wierd useless stuff I can find online. and to keep her happy, I try to go look for more pretty Doll Makers for her to play with.

An interesting observation though... during Doll Maker-hunting trips, I've learned that some Doll Makers have a certain theme going for them. Goth dolls (with many attacheable wings to choose from!) are a common find, so are preppie dolls, couple dolls (where the boys are too ripped for my taste), pink-themed dolls, fantasy-themed dolls, and even Pregnant Mommy Dolls. But of all the Doll Makers I've seen, the brow-raising-worthy ones would have to be the Nurse Doll Makers, the Cheerleader Doll Makers, and the Hooters Doll Makers.

Why's that, you say? Well, they're basically your Doll Maker Set: heads, different posed legs, and a few other accessories, like teeny scentences that go "Where does it hurt?" "All better now", or "May I take your order?". The strange part is, the only clothes available are exactly what the titles suggest. If it's a Nurse DM, all you have are nurse uniforms; a Cheerleader DM, Cheerleading gear; and do we even need to mention Hooters?

So, you basically have dolls in uniform with different hairstyles.

I have a feeling whoever put these DMs up didn't have just little girls in mind. No Sirree.

Hey! If you any of you 'd like to see the Doll Makers I've mentioned up here, drop me a note and I'll go fish 'em out for you. the Candy Doll Makers I can easily link up on the game list on the right, so that shouldn't be much a problem. ^_^


see ya!