La Vita e la Morte
de Cavallo Bianco
clip-clopping from shadows to sunlight
Tuesday, August 17, 2004

The Good, the Bad, and the Strange of the Day

Seeing James again was a wonderful way to start this rainy schoolday. I was hoping to have lunch with him today, until he sadly declined through text. Seems he had just stepped out of the bath, and was still about a good hour's ride away from school at the time.

So, have lunch by meself. Lunch won't be any less nutritious without him. (or so we like to convince ourselves.) Happy chance the other James (Asis this time; our barkada has three Jameses) ran into me and offered to have lunch with me and keep me company. So it was rice and sisig for me, rice and grilled porkchop for him, and a good conversation on the joys of Super-Robot Series' theme songs for the two of us. Then, a text message. I had begun muttering in my head, "if this is one of Globe's terrible adverts, I am so gonna kill..."

"Am on a jeep na. Will you wait for a worthless bum and have lunch with him if he makes it?"

Aaaw. ^_^*

Ten minutes after. (and much looking-over-the-shoulder and pasimpleng primping and taking off my glasses.) I made out a blue-black tall, lean silhouette sporting a new haircut and a shaven chin.

"You two are a sight for sore eyes."

Sweetie, you couldn't have said it any better.

So, Asis and I accompanied James to lunch. It was good to hear the two of them carry on about the likes of Grendaizer and Getter, just like good old times. (Though I be honest and admit I do not fully understand, Ignarance is still bliss. Heehee.) James munched on his sweet-and-sour barbeque meal, and I sipped at my medium dalandan shake quite contentedly. The people I love are here, the chill of the rain is refreshing, God is in His Heaven, and all is right with the world.

James gets us together and heads me off to class, just in time to slip me a kiss and slip me in through the closing classroom door, stroke of one. (Sir Ogie was always a stickler for time.)


So, good day. ;)

<><><><><>

recieved another offer to work for Sir Ogie in his production of Angel Street. Well, it wasn't really an offer, it was more of, "Naku, sinong sa music natin...... *spots Jonette innocently working her rear elevation plate behind her drawing board* O, ayan, ilagay mo sa Sounds natin, Jonette Valenciano."

"But Sir! Er.. ah... egh... *insert non-descript gurgling noises here*"

Oh dear.

I had to turn the "offer" down with an, er... rather unorthodox reason.

Jonette: Er, Sir, Sorry po, I'm about to do my thesis... pero mahal ko po kayo. ehe.

Sir Ogie: Eh Jonette, what's your thesis?

J: Well, Sir, I was hoping to study Sir Tony [Mabesa] for my thesis...

*uproarious laughter from classmates*

SO: What??!?

J: ... and I had previously wanted to study you.. *laughetr upped another ante, with side comments of "Eano yun, parang may sakit na pag-aaralan"* er, it's about the contributiions of our Directors to DUP's Productions, but Ma'am Landicho advised me to go for Sir Tony since he did found the Dulaang Up. Yun po.

And Sir Ogie ends the dismisses the conversation with a shrug.

But back to the offer. I've noticed nowadays how many production opportunities have been coming my way from DUP. A friend working as Stage Manager to DUP's latest offering, Lysistrata, came to me and invited me over to act as one of the chorus (with much prodding from Kuya Jhiedon, an actor-friend ["umarte ka na! Basta, umarte ka na!".] I had to turn it down. Next, Kuya Anril, another co-theater kuya, asked if I might be interested to be a Dramaturg for Ma'am Jose's upcoming Spanish play. (this job entails doing much research for the play, and basically being the Geek/Brains of the prod. Something right up my alley, something I've already done for Ma'am Jose, and somethingI actually enjoy.)This, I sadly had to turn down as well.

And now, this Sounds job for Angel Street. *sigh*
Sayang.

and why do I have to turn down all these great opportunities?
Parents. My mother in particular. And that damned concept of curfews.

Y'know, even James is sad to see all these great opportunites go to waste. Even when I had told him about the Lysistrata offer, he told me "di ba mahirap nang magsalita ng tapos?", gave me a hug all the same.

I shared this with with Dad a while ago, and he left me this to chew on:
"Well, you'll have to find a way to deal with that in the future, right?"

Too true.

<><><><><><>

And as for the strange part, well...

I've noticed for the past few days, my period has gone on extended spotting. Very odd, at least for me; I've never had any trouble of this kind.

Then I suddenly recieve an urgent call on my cellphone from my grandmother.

Jonette: Hello?

Mama S: Jonette, I'm worried about you. I heard you're spotting. (wait, where'd she get this bit of news?!?) Is there something wrong? Do you feel dizzy?

J: Er, no, Mama S.

MS: Are oyu vomiting? Do you feel like vomiting?

J: No, Mama S.

MS when was your last sex?

J: What?!?!?!

Ms: Sex, S-E-X. (what in blazes?!?!?!)

J: No. Mama S, not at all.

MS: Are you sure you're not pregnant?

J: No, Mama S, I'm sure. (-_-"""""")

MS: Ah, ok then, I was beginning to get worried...

*whiny sigh*

Really, I do understand grandparents can get overexcited about anything with their grandkids, but really.

Hmm. Something to remember when we have grandkids of our own, eh?