La Vita e la Morte
de Cavallo Bianco
clip-clopping from shadows to sunlight
Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Miss Nikki Tonight.

... which also sounds a bit like "Miss Nikita Night", which would mean just about the same thing.



Kai, a good friend of mine and a colleague in our STS class, just lent me her lovely copy of Jill Thompson's The Little Endless Storybook. She's also lent me her copy of DEATH: At Death's Door by the same author, and there was just this one little picture that just reminded me of Nikki. It had to be Nikki. Here she is:




Image hosted by Photobucket.com




Yep. That's Death, or at least, a chibi-version of her. I don't know why my mind tells me it's a dead ringer, but well. I'm sure Nikki doesn't go around in white skin and messy hair, but well, the cuteness compells. And it doesn't hurt to say she is a bit like Death, too. She's sweet, she's wise, and most people who know her love her. Well, that's my two cents' worth.


I hope that's ok with you, Nikki. ^_^

Oh dear, I'm gushing.




And just because.


What book do you have at your bedside?

Well, technically none right now, but if I did, it would be the most recent one I'm reading. See its' reference below.



You’re stuck inside Fahrenheit 451. Which book do you want to be?

It'd have to be Kurt Vonnegut's Welcome To the Monkey-house. The book was a major eye-opener for me, and well, I don't think I would have grown up thinking this way if I hadn't met it on the road.



Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

Well, I did have one... It had to be Kubin from Sir Arnold's Mythology Class. He's a warrior, a leader, a gentleman, a hero, the stuff what legends are made of (quite literally, at that!)... what's not to love? *giggles like a silly schoolgirl*



What is the last book you bought?

That'd have to be two books, just before lunch time: second-hand copies of Milton's Paradise Lost for curiosity, and Kurt Vonnegut's Mother Night. Can't get enough of the guy.



What are you currently reading?

I'm currently on the fifth (or was it the sixth?) chapter of Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse Five. I just finished Ray Bradbury's Fharenheit 451, as I thought it might be better to read the book first before actually jumping into the meme.



What are the five books you would take to a deserted island?

Let's see... Welcome to the Monkeyhouse and Wampeters, Foma and Granfaloons by the same author, Nick Joaquin's The woman Who Had Two Navels,Khalil Gibran's JESUS: A Man from Nazareth and Sir Arnold's After Eden.



Who will you pass this quiz to?

Oh, do please, be my guest. :)

Our thanks to our Lady Divine. :)