Wednesday, April 27, 2005
Colloqium day.
An hour from now, I am to present what work I have done on my thesis to a public academic body. I sit in one of the hole-in-the-wall internet-xerox shops in SC, my CD-burned powerpoint presentation, notes, and sanity tucked between my legs. The butterflies in my tummy haver not stopped drumming against its sides since this morning. I honestly do not know why.Why am I so worked up? It's just a colloqium, after all. As my co-presenters say, it's basically just like presenting your thesis in class, only your audience is composed of a much bigger spectrum of the academe ( like Professors, doctors, MA students, and other students who are either about to do their thesis, are in the process of doing so, or who just happened to wander into the discussion room.)
In a nutshell, I'm particularly nervous over something I can't even put a finger on.
James is somewhere in the Library, perhaps, poring over more information he can use for his thesis, or somewhere outside having lunch. I'll be meeting him after the ordeal, so in a way, it's something good to look forward to, albeit something worth surviving.
Note to self: It's not. That. Bad.
We'll see.
Here we go, then.
















