La Vita e la Morte
de Cavallo Bianco
clip-clopping from shadows to sunlight
Monday, April 23, 2007

Job descrip, as requested.

Where I Work

ITI Consultants (International Training and Innovations Consultants, Inc.) is a Distance Training Company that specializes in teaching Business English to European Professionals. (Meaning, if you're sitting on the same warm seat where I am right now, you'd be looking at profiles of an Artistic Designer for Vogue Homme, a Regional Manager for Fiat, an accountant from BNP Paribas, two pahrmaceutical research chemists from Sanofi Aventis, and a farmer from Crown Foods, among others. I give lessons to all of them, and they enjoy. at least, I hope they enjoy it.)

Most of them like working on their conversational skills and ther grammar. And they like listening to things about the Philipines.

Each Trainer (Business Corporate Trainer on Paper... my, my) gets to have his or her own station and cubicle. We're free to jazz it up any way we like. A gay acquaintance of mine here hangs Full Metal Alchemist pictures in his station. Another friend has a comprehensive library of science-fiction and fantasy crammed into the corners of his work area. My neighbor across me folds delicate paper cranes from chewing gum wrappers and adorns his Pc with them. The neighbor beside me has a laptop for playing Mech Warrior in his spare time; he prefers to carry around his prized units.

You absolutely CANNOT work here and not love books.

My own station houses only two of my best darlings: My Stardust, scribbled on by Neil Gaiman's loving hand, and Welcome to the Monkey House, a bitter-sweet tribute to the man who taught me to love bitter coatings on very sweet pills.

I can't wait to make my station feel like home.

Cellphones are legal here. Surfing the 'net is legal here. So is downloading pictures, songs, porn helpful lesson materials and such.

The people? They breathe the language, secondary to oxygen.

I stand (or teach, as the case may be) among University professors and lecturers and old alumnae, many of which hail form our beloved Alma Mater. I am honored.

(For the girly-girls: We also have a couple of Swedish-blooded cuties here, but I'm sorry: one's taken and the other's gay. The gay guy's so much more fun.)

All in all, the workload is... manageable. Still keeps me much on my toes, but for some reason, it feels a whole lot more rewarding than the usual call-center grind. I can hear myself think clearly now. I can listen to my thoughts deliver the Prologue to Romeo and Juliet and absolutely fall in love with life.

I can taste my own life and my own thoughts again. It is immaculately quiet where I work. I am thankful.

And I heart my TMs. At least I heart them now, and I hope that never changes.

Anata is happy for me. I'm as happy here as he is with Advent. Strange world, but I love it. My man's been nothing but supportive and loving through everything. That sexy stud.

I like coming to work early. I like staying over a couple of hours more. I don't miss home that much. That says a lot, I think.