Tuesday, June 05, 2007
Life, in General.
I often wonder if keeping an online journal such as this was worth the effort at all.Well, not that I have any plans of upping and leaving in a heartbeat. (Or do I?)
But a question: Would you rather faithfully record every momment of your life, or actually go and live your life?
I've been noticing I've been doing a lot of living away from my LJ. It seems It's been surviving on a lot of junk food. Online carbs.
But yes, I've been doing a lot of living away from my LJ. And I'm happy.
And to think at one point I had so feverishly, no, desperately clung to this idea, thinking of the coolest entries, craving for comments. In a way you could say it was a a voice I planted in cyberspace, whining for attention and throwing tantrums when it didn't get it.
It feels criminal, really. But somewhere in my head, I know some buddhist sensibilities of mine are laughing their hearts out.
Aren't we supposed to enjoy life, after all?
Eventually, I guess we all come to the point when we just really don't care, because there's more to life than tagging and counter-watching and fishing for comments, because eventually when things settle, you'll be concentrating on things that really matter.
Like cooking. or keeping house. or people you love. Life in general.
At least, that's for me.
What of last week? Well, it was work. Lots of work. And taking a trip with James to his home in Project 8, watching Haruhi Suzumiya play god, relishing his mother's crispy empanadas and peanuty caldereta and creamy mango tiramisu, being brought home, and a kiss.
That's my week fo you. And it was bliss.
















