Wednesday, May 02, 2007
Well Goshdarned it. I've won something.
"Dear Ms. Jovette Valenciano,
(for some reason, my name's misspelled most the time.)
Congratulations! You have just won in our ANSON'S HOLIDAY PRIZE EXTRAVAGANZA PROMO. The prize you have won ONE (1) AKIRA BLENDER BM-71 WORTH=p1,115.00.
Oh. That's nice.
Now all I need to do's head over with a fairly recent ID (with picture), my receipts, the letter that told me I'd won something, and the magical stub that won it for me.
Question is, what am I going to do with a blender?
This makes the second blender I've won from some home-appliance raffle. The first one I won from buying a sofa-bed when my mother and I first moved to the apartment. It sits on top of kitchen cupboards, never been used.
The first item I recall ever winning was a fair-sized airpot I won from our subdivision's Easter Day raffle when I was about twelve. That had been the Grand Prize of the lot. that airpot served us well for seven (or was it eight?) years, then it gave up the ghost.
For some reason, I have this knack of winning random odds and ends at raffles, specially when I've forgotten I've filled up some raffle coupons, but cared to keep the numbers.
Oh well. Time to scrounge around my wallet for that stub.
















