Wednesday, May 02, 2007
Random Happinesses for the day
(As taken from my Livejournal entry, dated 4-25-07.)New book! New book!

Th Illustated Oxford Dictionary, I think, is a good book to grow by. It's information at a glance, and illustrated entries are even encyclopedic-like. (say, for example: the entry for the word "feather" not only gives you a definition, but presents different kinds of feathers from different birds and further discusses the arrangement of plummage on a wing and their individual functions.) I bought this book as the Discovery Channel had a special campaign where I worked. Not bad for P699. (The saleslady said once they release it to the Philippine market, the price will be raised to P3,500. Oh dear.)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Science excites me.
While I was reviewing for a lesson with one of my learners, I went over the homework I gave him on Science and Scinetists. It Vocabulary work really: what "doing an experiment" means, the difference betetween "research", "study", and "observe", and lastly, the different kinds of scientists.
Nothing quite like prepping for a lesson like doing your learner's assignment for yourself and see if you can answer the things you give.
Wikipedia is my best friend. This, at the momment, is my science haunt.
I'm still psyched. O.O!
















