La Vita e la Morte
de Cavallo Bianco
clip-clopping from shadows to sunlight
Thursday, May 10, 2007

Something to smile about after a work-heavy day.

Right now, I'm done prepping for the last lesson on my list today. Tomorrow, I face nine lessons again, And by next week, my maximum number of lessons gets hiked up to 14 a day, four consecutive lessons.

Yup.

Something this rigorous can take quite a toll on your energy. But at least, you get lucid momments like this.

My second learner for the day and I were scheduled to discuss Figures of Speech. He was going pretty high on our level system, and he even dissected Harrisson Bergeron for me.

Five minutes to the end of our lesson time. I was coaxing out a sample sentence from him for the Metaphor, and he was having trouble thinking of one. So, as most men are wont to respond to one, I make him a deal:


Me: Okay, Sebastien, let me make a deal with you. If you can give me one sentence, one really good sentence using the Metaphor, we can call it a day, and we'll just discuss the rest of the forms next meeting. Sound good?

Sebastien: Yeah, sounds good. Ummmm.......


*long bout of silence*

Sebastien: Ah! Here... *clears throat* "Life is a double-coated sweet: sour on the outside, sweet on the inside".




Needless to say, I was trying to sound like I wasn't all blubbery and teary-eyed congratulating him.

Well, maybe not blubbery. Just very, very moved.