To sell or not to sell?
Right now, my first long-term goal is to get myself a beautiful PC -- LCD screen, good memory, the works. The sooner, the better.Jadepj_chan and her significant other have been kind and helpful to introduce to me a PC shop they trust. They've put together a delightful number for me, made up of which as follows:
Processor: IntelĀ® Celeron D 3.20 GHz
Motherboard:Foxconn 945GZ7MC-RS2H
Operating System: Windows XP Professional Evaluation
Productivity Suite: Open Office (Full Version with CD)
Video Card: 256MB nVidia GeForce 7300GT TV-DVI DDR 2 128bit
Memory: 512MB DDR2 667MHz Memory Lifetime
Hard Drive: 80GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
Optical Drive: 20x Dual Layer DVD-RW Drive
Monitor: 17" Qube LCD Color Monitor Grade A+
Power: Automatic Voltage Regulator
Mouse: PS2 QUBE Optical Mouse (w/o Mouse Pad
Keyboard: Qube Multimedia Keyboard
Speakers: Multimedia Amplified Speaker
Accessories: A4Tech PK-635M Webcam
Casing: Qube Ultimate Chassis - Silver w/ 600W PSU & Blue LED Exhaust Fan
Power Supply: Built in
Quantity: 1
Payment Mode: Cash
Discounted Cash Price: P 25,847.00
Well, then.
I've shown this list around to different computer shops in Megamall's Cyberzone. They were unable to match the hardware, nor the price.
Which means I'm pretty sold with what Qube has to offer.
In what mode do we pay?
We can either:
1) Save up enough to buy the unit in one fell swoop (which may entail five months of severe budgetting, or half a year of survivable);
or
2) applying for a BPI credit Card (which is the only credit card Qube accepts), ignore the ghostly reproach in my head that I'm about to sell my soul to the devil, and pay the PC on a two-year installment plan.
It seems my uncle now has given me Option Number Three.
Remember the White Mac laptop I used to post entries on? Tito Nino suggested I backup my files, give the laptop to him, and wait for him to find a buyer. If we're lucky enough, we may find someone who'll buy the laptop, and give us just enough to buy the PC I want.
A reasonable portion goes to Tito Nino, of course.
I've also taken great consideration to applying for Globelines' phone-and-Broadband-for-less-than-a-thousand promo. It definitely sounds good, and Ate Osang, my housemate, agrees with me. Nothing quite like the approval of the person you split the bills with.
So, there.
As of right now, I don't really get to use the laptop that much; sadly, it's become more of a white elephant as the years pass. On the other hand, it was a gift that helped me through my two theses, not to mention a string of assorted student productions. ( iTunes and the CD burner turned out to be a big help.)
Thoughts and suggestions, anyone? I'd greatly appreciate helpful advice.
















